Hi, everyone! A big thank you to Erika from Erika The Bibliophile for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This was so much fun to put together, so let’s get to it.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
My Random Facts:
- People say I look 18, but I’m almost 24.
- I have a dog named Lobo, which is Spanish for “wolf.”
- I haven’t had a hair cut in about a year.
- I’ve seen Bob Dylan perform five times.
- English is my second language; Spanish is my first.
- Pizza is my favorite food, other than sushi. And Dr. Pepper.
- I had braces for three years in middle school.
- I would rather see movies in the theater than at home.
- I like to thrift shop for kick-knacks and, of course, for books.
- A secret dream of mine is to be a comedy writer, but I’m not very funny, unfortunately.
- One time Regina George punched me in the face… it was awesome!
- Just kidding. Fact #11: I think I’m a little bit funny. Sometimes.
- What is your worst bookish habit? Buying books and not reading them for a long time.
- Which fictional character would you have actually dated in high school? Probably Park from “Elenaor in Park.” He’s got the music taste down.
- What is your favorite movie/tv series adaptation of a book? “A Little Princess” directed by Alfonso Cuarón.
- What book genre/types of books do you absolutely refuse to read? Fantasy. I’m sorry, but I just can’t get into them. I’ll gladly take suggestions, though! I just haven’t found the right one to get me going.
- Which author have you read the most book from? Jack Kerouac. I’m writing a post about this in the fututre.
- Do you prefer a physical book or e-book? Or both? Physical.
- What book could you not finish and why? “Runaway” by Alice Munro. She’s an incredible writer, but the stories, for some reason, just reminded me of a soap opera plot.
- What book do you believe is highly overrated? Unfair because I haven’t read them, but “Twilight.”
- Who are your least favorite/hated characters and which books are they from? All of the adults (except for Miss Honey, of course) in “Matilda.” They are just horrible.
- If you read Young Adult Books what are some of the common tropes in these books that you are tired of seeing? Being misunderstood, as if that’s only a teenage problem.
- This one is non-book related but I am a huge fan of Disney so I’d like to know who is your favorite Disney princess? (Disney character if you don’t like any Disney princess) Slinky from toy story!
- Popcorn & Prologues
- Reviews by Jo
- Books are the Quietest Friends
- Yasmine Rose’s Book Blog
- Jenny in Neverland
- drizzle and hurricane books
- Book Clubs are for Grandmas
- Books o’ the Wisp
- My Little Book Blog
Questions for My Nominees:
- Bookstore or library?
- What is the most money you’ve spend on books at once?
- Is cover art an important factor in which edition of a book you purchase?
- What genre do you read the least of?
- How do you organize your books?
- New books or used books?
- Favorite picture book?
- What do you tend to use as a bookmark?
- Where do you do most of your reading?
- Can you listen to music as you read?
- Favorite book that averages over 500 pages?