I’m a day late, but I still don’t want to get into the whole issue with Thanksgiving Day and its misconstrued history. Instead, I thought I’d go along with the “thankful” theme and reflect on all of the joys and blessings I have encountered in my life for the year, book related and not book related.
Here is a small list of what I am thankful for:
- Books by people of color
- New opportunities
- Doing things that are out of my comfort zone
- Going to poetry readings
- Chicago public libraries
- Vegan YouTube
- Book Tube
- Long CTA rides/reading time
- Cafes with free WiFi and delicious chai tea
- New foods
- Trying to eat better and workout more
- Friends, family, and my dog
The year isn’t over, and while I know everything is unpredictable, I’m trying my best to be my best. I hope everyone out there is too! We all have a lot of blessings, even when it doesn’t seem like it.